Thursday, October 29, 2009

SERVANT

There are words in our vocabulary which conjure different meanings, sometimes unpleasant. If I mention charwoman, you might picture in your mind's eye the lady in the picture above. This lady could be also considered a servant. I've known people in my life who treat service people with disrespect. They have a job to do, and in fact the work they are doing is physically more challenging than anything I have ever done. In Acts 20:24 we are reminded: However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me, the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. In this great race we are living I want to be a servant too. I want to let the grace the Lord has blessed me with shine through in kindness. I want to be more patient with the waitperson who delivered the wrong meal to my table. He's a college student who was up until 3 a.m. finishing a paper that was due this morning. He missed the bus, was late for class. How do I testify to him? Just smile and give him a great tip. He's a college student who needs the money. After all the Lord has blessed me being able to afford to eat out. In Matthew 6:3 the Apostle Matthew reminds us: But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. When my days on this earth are done, when my Father calls me home, I hope to hear, "well done my good and faithful servant." And when my name is written in His book the only thing I hope to see is "Kathryn Neff Perry, Servant"

2 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

The only response that comes to mind is... God Bless you, Katt. You are a blessing and a treasure to know.

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Joy, thank you for your kind comments. You are a "JOY" to me! I'm so happy we have each other!I feel blessed to call you a friend. I can't believe we have been friends as long as we have and have never actually met face to face!!! We will---I just know it----but probably NOT in the winter!!! ha ha Unless you come to me!!!!
Love ya babe
Katt