Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Calming The Waters

James 1:6 says: When he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. It's not easy when we are faced with trials, you know the kind each of us has everyday. Whether it is sickness, financial. It is difficult to "keep the faith". It's difficult to find the joy in our lives when the storm is pounding down around us. I love storms. I love to sit and watch the lightning and the rain coming in. Even though I'm afraid of lightening, unless I'm inside, I love the magnitude. Realizing everything comes from the Lord, even the storms. I also know that once the storm is over there will be a rainbow. That gives me hope. Sometimes when I am faced with adversity, it's difficult to remember the storm isn't going to last forever. There's a rainbow just behind that next cloud burst. I remind myself too, that my Father in Heaven is always there beside me. Watching the storm and calming the waters.

No comments: