Wednesday, October 14, 2009

ADJUST YOUR ARMOR

It seems we all have battles, in fact every day I hear about several more. Either problems at work, financial problems, people losing their homes, their jobs, marriages breaking up, children leaving home---another blog----, but it comes to all of us. Sometimes it is the aging process, when we wake up not feeling well. Your body aches and you are faced with being able to not take care of every day things the way you used to. You came to work, happy that you have a job, only to learn that you are among the five people who have to be "let go". Your child has just left home, to the military, or college, or just to an apartment. They need "to get away from the pressures of home life". What can you do? A friend said to me the other day after learning she just lost her job. "I don't understand. I came to work everyday, I thought I was a good employee." Everywhere around me, people are hurting. Most of them have a smile on their faces and try to make the most of whatever situation they are in. Bad things happen to good people all the time.
I start my day, everyday, on my knees. It's getting harder to get down and get back up, and it seems that I need to stay down there longer. I have so many people to pray for. I read a blog early this morning that suggested we write prayer requests down and take them with you. You can pray in line, or in traffic, or anywhere you have to wait. I am reminded too, to Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. Ephesians 6:10-11
When you see the sun coming up over the horizon, be reminded that God is still there in all His glory and He will take care of your every need. Every day, in every way.
I love you all
Katt

2 comments: