Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hope, Peace, and Love

Over the past two weeks we have learned four of our friends have been diagnosed with some form of cancer. There were a few days when I was afraid to open an email or pick up the phone. Who will be next? One of the reasons I'm sharing this with you, and maybe as a reminder to myself, that we need to live each day to the fullest. I need to change my mind set that, maybe I'll do it tomorrow, or next week or next month. One of our friends, who is fighting for her life, had planned a beautiful vacation with her husband. They were supposed to leave in just a few weeks. When I learn about my friends serious health issues I realize the problems I have are nothing. My issues can be resolved easily. A dear friends Mother told me one time, "if the problem can be resolved with money, it's not a problem at all." When she first said it I didn't really understand what she meant. But now I do. I am praying for my friends with cancer. I am praying that they will find peace and comfort during this very stressful time. I am also praying for their caregivers. If you know someone who is hurting, make sure you send them a note today just to tell them you love them and are thinking about them.

No comments: