Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Memory's Great

If what I'm reading about chocolate is true, then I might be pretty smart. I'm reading that an ounce (or two) of dark chocolate contains something which could make you smarter. Since I'm not able to remember what it is, either I'm not eating enough, or the claim isn't true. Wouldn't it be great if that was all you had to do? Just eat chocolate and you would become smarter or have a better memory? I do remember lots of things. For example, I no longer ask my husband if "these jeans make me look fat" or do you like this "new recipe". The other thing I've learned not to comment on is the "new hair style". My husband doesn't like change. Maybe he just gets used to the way I look. He should know by now that in 6 months I'm going to change "the hair style". I think I just get bored with the way it looks, or don't like to mess with it. My husband is brutally honest. A characteristic that sometimes gets him in trouble. He woke the other day sneezing. He swears its not a summer cold, it has to be allergies. I gave him a hug after a series of sneezes and said, "wow, are you sure that's not a summer cold?" He shook his head, "no honey, it's not a cold. I'm sure it's allergies." I scrunched my nose and stared into his baby blue eyes. "What do you think you're allergic to?" Without missing a beat, he said, "probably dust."

2 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Husbands are so precious. In fact, I've started calling mine "Precious". Strangely, he doesn't seem taken with the nickname. Hmm. I wonder why.

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

You are on a roll! Stop making me laugh. I know what you mean. They don't seem to "get" our sense of humor---do they!