Saturday, May 23, 2009

IT'S JUST LIFE

I follow several writers and try to comment on their blogs as often as I can. One of the blogs I read early this morning, mentioned she hadn't been able to blog lately because "life" keeps getting in the way. That's a funny way to put it, but I can relate. When my children were home we all had a schedule. As a single Mom, that was the only way I could keep my sanity and assure they got to where they were supposed to be on the right day. Not only did I have a full time job, but I also wrote a column for the local paper. There were many days, nights too, when I felt like I needed to be more than one person. It seemed like there was always something I had to do before I could sit down to write. It was during that period of time that I wrote my first novel. Many nights at 2 or 3 a.m. you would find me pounding the keyboard, lost in my world of fiction. Now, my children are grown, so what takes all my time? Believe me, I've asked myself that same question. It's just life.

No comments: