Tuesday, March 10, 2009

SLOW DOWN

How many times have you heard someone say to you, "you need to slow down?" My question to you is, how do we do that? What is it during your normal daily routine that we can "cut out"? I'm sure the people who are telling me to slow down are well intentioned. Other people remark at how much I accomplish in a day. That's not because I have slowed down. I am learning to accept my limitations. However, I'm not doing that very well. Just recently we moved and then five days later we planned a trip to Colorado to wait for our granddaughters birth. Somewhere along the way, I picked up a "bug". One that I would have gladly left somewhere. But I brought it home with me. So for several days, my "daily routine" has been interrupted. I'm finding I don't have the energy to continue like the energizer bunny. To say I'm frustrated would be an understatement. Now what I'm hearing people say to me is, "you're not as young as you used to be." Somehow I've changed my mind. I think now, I love hearing people tell me to "slow down."

No comments: