Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nestled in My Cocoon

One of my favorite things to do is write. If I'm awake, I'm writing. If I'm not writing, I'm reading. Maybe I should qualify that with, when I have the time. In my ideal world, that's what I would be doing, writing, or reading. People have told me they would rather do anything in the world than sit down and write. Writing is a joy to me. It's my form of relaxation. It's the only way I know to express myself. So then, why can't I just sit and write? After producing 100,000 words, having them published, and holding you book in your hands; isn't it time to start writing 100,000 words again? That's what I thought. No one told me, after I wrote all those words, now it is my responsibility to hawk my wares. In other words, now it's time to attend book signings, public speaking, interviews, and any other means of meeting and greeting the public. I am very happy nestled in Cocoon. I enjoy being secluded in my very own office, writing one word at a time. I enjoy sipping coffee, laughing at myself, or scaring myself with the words I have written. Now it is time for me to step outside the box and try to sell what I have written. At first, I didn't think I could do it. Now, it's almost as much a joy as writing. Why you say? Because I am meeting the most fabulous, interesting people in the world. The people who read what I write.

2 comments: